Monday, March 24, 2008

Always a Party...

Last week we headed to Dothan to visit my dad. And for those of you who don't know how he operates, there's no telling what's in store for us when we get there. This is what his back yard looked like when we arrived...



Ridiculous? Yep. Beyond insane? Yep. Five full days of nothing but pure fun? You bet! The inflatables were a permanent fixture from Saturday until Wednesday, and I'm afraid that Towns left there thinking that it was all part of the landscape and is something that she'll expect from here on out! We picked Bethany up on the way down so that she could join in the fun, but sadly she had to go home the next day. She mastered her back tuck and back hand spring on the jumpy thing though, and now looks like an old pro! I was a tad bit jealous that she could do it so perfectly! She talked me into trying it despite the fact that I haven't done it in years...thought I'd broken both ankles after the first try. And the second, third and fourth. After that I decided that it was in my best interest to leave all the flipping and back hand springing to her. After she left Towns had it all to herself...way too much excitement for a 2 year old to handle! Darby, Morgan and Paige were scheduled to come play while we were there, but poor little Morgan got sick in the car on the way over. They stayed long enough for Darby to get Morgan cleaned up and get her in some new clothes (which is what she was most worried about...not the fact that she was sick!). Towns was heart broken that her friends didn't get to stay, but Paw Paw jumped and slid with her like a champ! Lenzie and Knox were out of town or else they'd have come too! The girls could have shown Knox his way around those inflatables!

Thanks Dad for a fabulous trip and for a few days of relaxation! Can't wait to do it again soon!!


Towns had to show Cindy Loo Who IX how to jump.

Cate did a little jumping herself...she cracks herself up jumping in this thing and laughs so hard she gets the hiccups. It's the most hysterical thing ever!


She napped on the back porch after all that...she completely wore herself out!


Sorry, Bet-ny, for this picture!! It's the only one I had of you mid-back tuck! Great technique, perfect landing, I give you a 10! :) Wish I'd gotten you on video, it would have been much better than this rear shot! HA!

My Dad and his girls...

Towns had him painting her fingernails...he's such a trooper!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Knox and I wish we could've been there. I really wanted to come after hearing about the blow up things. They look like so much fun. I can't believe you did a flip...peer pressure got to you! Let us know when you guys are back in town!