Friday, May 23, 2008

Watch This



Those two words are what I hear ALL day long. My child has turned into a monkey overnight. I don't know where it's come from, but all she does all day long is flip and climb and be the biggest dare devil you ever did see. She climbs up door frames, bed posts, chairs, stools, and anything else she can find. She hangs onto door knobs and tries to climb up the door. And before she does any of her tricks she says about twenty times..."watch this". So inevitably, that's what I hear from sun up 'til sun down. If I don't look right that second she'll follow it with "hey Mommy, hey Mommy, HEY MOMMY...WATCH...THISSSSS"! She can turn a mean front flip, and has her own version of a cartwheel that somehow she does without breaking her neck or injuring her spinal cord. Don't ask me how. And jumping...well, she'll jump off of anything and everything no matter how high it is. The other day Jonathan took her to play...he wouldn't tell me where he was taking her, only that he needed my camera or else I'd never believe it. (See photos below...that's her climbing up the 30 foot cliff.) I think the minute she turned three all fear in her body left her. She's become the most independent little thing, and most times thinks she doesn't need me to help her with anything. Not something I'm prepared for, but I'm glad she has that instinct in her for when she really needs it. She wants to open every door on her own, wants to dress herself, feed herself, brush her teeth, etc. all by herself. And if you try to give her any kind of help she'll quickly let you know she's very capable of handling it on her own. She's even gotten so gutsy as to ride her bike while standing up on her pedals...if she's feeling really adventurous she'll stick a leg out so that she's only got one foot keeping her on the bike. She really is the funniest thing I've ever known. What I love is that Cate seems like she's got an even wilder personality which will make for some mucho fun times!





2 comments:

Darby said...

Go Townsie!!!! You're a true acrobat!! :)

Bethany said...

Gosh I miss those girls even though I was with yall yesterday!!!! Tell them I love them!