Tuesday, March 16, 2010

DHS Bound!

This is a big week for one former Oak Park cheerleader...

It's time to move onto bigger and better things...and that would be Decatur High School!
Yesterday started day one of cheer clinic, and she'll try out on Friday. I can't quite wrap my head around the fact that she'll be in high school in a few short months. I started this post early this morning, and it's taken me a few hours to finish it. And before I got it wrapped up, I happened to read this from B's mom which sent me even further into hysterics! Ha!
She absolutely loved cheering last year and you can tell by these pictures that she was totally in her element...



She's gotten the first day of clinic under her belt, and so far she's done GREAT! She does the tryout cheer and dance like she's been doing it for years!
Have fun this week, B!
I'm not big on "good luck" and never really have been.
Like Towns' teacher said in an email yesterday "We all know that we don't get lucky, we just have a Savior who looks out for us." I couldn't have said it better myself!
You're in good hands and you'll do fabulous...I just know it!

5 comments:

April said...

I do still say "Good Luck" when it comes to things like this, but I like to use the word "blessed" as opposed to "lucky." She said it was a little weird herself saying DHS in those cheers. :) I have no doubts she'll be great! WE will probably be more nervous Friday than she will!!!

Jess said...

Bethany - I know you will do great this week and on FRIDAY! I remember the days of trying out for DHS cheerleading...nervous BUT so worth it. Can't wait to hear the great news from Tara on Friday!

Ford Family said...

I know she will do great....can't wait to find out! : )

Tara Verdigets said...

Good luck Bethany!

Unknown said...

From the pics you've posted of Bethany cheering this year, I feel certain she's got this all wrapped up. Can't wait to see the post on Friday!!! In the words of Maya Angelou, "Ain't nothin' to it, but to do it!!"

~Alison