Monday, August 2, 2010

Twinsies

Lately I've realized I'm a bit obsessive about dressing our little ones alike...
See exhibit A:

B:

And C:

And that's just all in the last week!
Truthfully, it's pretty much every day of their lives. But I realized just how over the top it is the other night when I took these pictures before bed...


Is that a little much? Probably. But I just can't help myself!
Now I know I really need help in two areas...twin issues and a Target obsession.
My husband says my free pass to dress them alike will expire as soon as Towns gets old enough to realize she'd rather blaze her own trail where fashion is concerned. But for now they love it when we're out and about and someone mistakes them for twins. It happens a lot, believe it or not. And I'll keep it up as long as they'll go for it! If I could just get Bethany in on it, I'd be set. But I'm pretty sure they don't make VW Beetle pajamas in her size. However, I could always just check at Target to be sure. Ha!

The other morning I did happen to notice they weren't dressed alike when we were making waffles...

Cate thought she was getting a mouth full of something that she's used to - cake batter. But she quickly found out that waffle batter isn't nearly as tasty!
She got over it in no time flat and was back to her old self again...



After our waffle party (everything's a party), we were first in line at Point Mallard to meet our friends Emma and Olivia. We had two things in mind: beat the crowd and beat the heat!
This is pretty much the only way we can stand to be outdoors these days...



Towns has perfected jumping off the spring boards and swimming to the side...

Cate was a little upset that she wasn't big enough to do everything Towns was able to do in the water, and she was bound and determined to do something a little on the wild side before we called it a day...

This was about as rebellious of a trick as she could come up with...rock wall climbing!
And when I told her it probably wasn't a good idea to scale walls in a bathing suit, cover up and flip flops she was not liking it...

Bless her!

Big things are happening around here...

That sweet thing is two weeks away from starting kindergarten!

And today has been one of epic proportions for Bethany...

Cheer pictures for the DHS football program!
And even bigger news...
She's now a sorority girl!!
That's right, she's a brand new members of JUG and is beyond excited!
Around 3:45 this afternoon (we know this because we eyed the clock for what seemed like years counting down until time for invitations to be delivered) a few older JUG girls brought by this...

An invitation to their Coke Party on Friday afternoon which meant she was officially in!
Opening her invitation...


Is that face priceless, or what?!
We are SO incredibly proud of you, B!
You know what you want and go after it...I love that about you!!!!

3 comments:

Jess said...

I feel like I am reliving my high school years through B, DHS cheerleader and JUG! I am so happy for her!!

Ford Family said...

Bethany was just telling me about this HS sorority thing the other day and I love it and then I immediately said I bet Tara does, too and she grinned!! ; ) Congrats Bethany!!!

April said...

So proud of my baby girl though not surprised one bit! :) I love the first picture of her as she's opening the envelope!