Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Proud Sister Moment

That's exactly what I had when we headed south Saturday to watch Anna Grace in her school's beauty pageant.  I'll be honest.  I wasn't quite prepared for what a nervous wreck I'd be.  I've been on that same stage (granted it was fifteen years ago) and I'm sure of one thing...it's much harder sitting in the audience!
I love the whole process of getting ready for something like this.  It's safe to say my children do, too.  They were in awe watching her get her make up and hair done which quickly prompted Towns to tell me she wanted to be in a beauty pageant.  All that I could think about was the many episodes we've watched of Toddlers and Tiaras!

When Sister took the stage to my favorite Rihanna song, it took all I could do not to scream and yell and make a fool of myself...
I was so proud of her!  Towns and Cate could hardly contain themselves.  It was pretty funny..
When it came time for the results, we were absolutely elated that she was in the top seven.  But then when they called her name out as a belle, we nearly lost it...
She got a crown and all!
The four belles from her grade...
 
Then came the flood of family pictures.
You know, because we all were dying for our turn at a picture with her.  Max got to her first...
 
 
She definitely does not get her good looks from her sister...
This is where it gets good.  I went backstage with her to help her gather her things when we ran into cute little Christian whose mother asked me to take a picture of the two of them...
 
He stood in the middle of the stage right by himself to entertain the audience, only armed with his guitar, and sang three songs that sounded better than the musicians who really sing them.  The kid can sing.  My children thought they were in the presence of none other than Justin Bieber. He was pretty impressive.  And when he put his arm around AG, it was clear that she's beyond smitten!

Somehow in all the madness the girls didn't get a picture with Anna Grace.  So we took care of that when we got home...
 
And for the rest of the night Cate wore a headband as a crown...
 
 That was her attempt to be just like her Aunt Anna Grace.
Congrats, Sister...we were so happy to be there for your big night!
After such a full weekend, blondie landed herself a mini staycation at home thanks to bronchitis and pneumonia (Cate calls it "the ammonia").  That's bad enough on its own, but couple that with the fact that the class play she's been looking forward to for a solid month was this morning and she was fit to be tied.  She's been fretting over the possibility of missing it which has all but sent her over the edge.  Her doctor said that she could go to school long enough to do her part in the play as long as she had been fever free for 24 hours.  You can look at this picture and tell that she was hardly acting like she was sick yesterday morning when she and her sister (in fake glasses) were in the kitchen making up dances...
 
She'd play for a little while and then be wiped out on the couch.  She's definitely had her moments, bless her heart.  But this morning she was raring to go and fever free.  Praise the Lord!
Post on Bubba the Cowboy Prince up next...

1 comment:

Jennifer Simpson said...

No words! AG is breathtaking!