Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Art Camp for Cate...Finally!

At the end of July, Cate went to art camp which was something she'd been looking forward to for a good, long while.  I'm not sure if was because her best friend Ella was also going, or if it was because she knew Towns had gone for the past three years and it was finally her turn to go.  Or maybe a combination of the two!  She thoroughly enjoyed it.  I was anxious to see her art at the end of the week, as she's usually our wild card.  With her, you never know what you're going to get.  However, I knew from experience that if anyone could pull out the creative side of a child, it was Mrs. Kelly...

For nostalgia's sake, I found this picture of Towns with Kelly at her first art camp when she was four...
Right off the bat, she was excited to take us around and show us everything she'd done within the "For Everything There is a Season" theme...




She was overly proud that J arranged his work schedule around her art show...

He's such a good daddy!
And I'd be remiss not to mention Towns playing the "I've been there, done that" veteran role...

 Buggy and Ella...


This is where it gets comical.  Cate has never been the one to sit still in a group setting like this and listen to someone talk.  That's just her, although it's high time she learned to deal with it.  When J told me to watch her, I had to get the camera back out...
By then, she'd shed her shoes and was about to go postal.  Until Mrs. Kelly started asking questions that she knew the answers to...

I love listening to Kelly go over the different artists that they've studied each day throughout the week.  It's amazing to me that they can create such special art while taking in all the details about the lives of the artists.  Her favorite was that Monet loved to paint on his boat and that he enjoyed painting bridges and his wife the most.  Half of the names of the artists she talks about I couldn't even attempt to pronounce...much less know their biographies!

I think art camp was a hit, and we're glad she's still got two more years to participate before she "ages out" like blondie.  One more for the road...

No comments: