Friday, July 16, 2010

Day 4...Relaxation!

On Wednesday of our vacation, we slept in and had a leisurely breakfast before hitting the pool. I lathered the little ones up with Water Babies - my all time favorite smell in the world. I thought I was crazy for loving the smell of sunscreen until Towns told me the other day that it's her favorite smell, too. I'm such a sucker for it that I bought the Bobbi Brown Beach lotion (all your favorite beach scents in one bottle) which is total and complete heaven. Slightly obsessed!

Cate had her shoes in hand and was ready to roll. For a girl who loves shoes as much as she does, she sure doesn't like to wear them in places where she's really supposed to wear them. Go figure...

And I think I may have figured out where her new picture pose comes from...

Her big sister, maybe?
I love this picture of Bebs...

That's her "I'm trying to be really sweet, but I'm about to knock your block off if you take one more random picture of me" face. Love you, Peach! :)
She had her phone and iPod in hand, and that usually means that she's going to do her own thing and wants to be left alone to soak up the sun in peace. She didn't last too long. She said she wasn't a fan of being outside for very long. She spent the rest of the day indoors!

J and I parked it in lounge chairs by the baby pool and Cate and Towns hung with us all day, though...

They'd play for a while and rest for a while...




Towns met a little friend and played with her in the big pool while I kept an eye on Cate. She was none too thrilled that Townsy ran off and left her, so she made do with a friend of her own...

She got so excited when her sister came back to the baby pool. But then this happened...

So Bug pulled a Tara...

And decided if she couldn't join in on the pow-wow she'd do the next best thing - take pictures! She can operate a camera and my iPhone better than I can. She's 2. How is that possible?!
I spotted a little sand not too far away, and as much as I detest my children in sand, I told J they would have love it if we let them go for it. It's really not the sand I can't stand, it's the clean-up. I honestly think the stuff multiplies by the second and you can never get rid of it! :)
I convinced myself to suck it up and let 'em have their fun...


I should have seen this coming...

She was so proud of herself for coming up with that one!

Buggy was so brave by then that she took it to the pool to see what she could get into...

You can tell by her face that she's about to jump!
And there she goes...

It didn't take long before the mom of the little girl in the blue and green swim shirt came to get her so she wouldn't catch on. If you'll notice, she's there in the first picture and gone in the second one! Ha!

Towns spent countless hours jumping from that very spot over and over and over again...

Cannon balls, toothpicks, toe touches...you name it, she did it! She was like a fish!
It wasn't until late afternoon that the little mermaids decided they'd had enough of the pool...

I always know they've had their fill when Towns wants to be wrapped up in a towel and when Cate wants snacks...

It took all of 5 minutes to go from that to this once we got back to the hotel room...

I want to keep her just like that forever and ever!
Aside from waking up for a little while later that night, she was down for the count and was out like a light the rest of the night. That's what a vacation will do to a 2 year old!

Bethany and Towns schemed up a girls' night in the room which included getting into my shimmer brick while J and I went to a fabulous Italian restaurant for a late dinner.
Too bad this is the only decent picture we had from the night...

Thanks to Towns! :)
After dinner we ran into the gift shop for a bottle of water. It was there that I spotted this...

An owl on an orange shirt?!
Are you kidding me???
The Life is Good designer who came up with this one not only was a genius, but had to be a Chi Omega from Auburn. Or at least had us on the brain! It took all I could do not to snatch up one in every size for our three girls (if it had come in an adult size it would have been mine all mine)!!

Setting the alarm for 2:30 a.m. when I went to bed that night wasn't nearly as enjoyable as it sounds. Can you sense the sarcasm?! The Orlando airport is intense when you have 2 small children who want to go their own way in their own time. We didn't fly out until 7:00, but wanted to make sure we had plenty of time to get there, get through security, and get situated without losing one of them...ha!
It might have been early, but they're night owls, morning owls, and every other kind of owl you can think of...

That was at 4:30 a.m. at the Orlando airport...we'd be rich if we could bottle that energy!!
We got to our gate and waited patiently for our turn to board...



These three were travel buddies on the way to Charlotte, NC (we went through Charlotte both ways)...

I've had questions about the paci, and I wish I could tell you that I'd hidden every last one of them when we finally got rid of them. I seem to have missed one and when she found it, it was like she'd been reunited with her long lost friend. Until we went on this trip, she could only have it when she was in her bed and going to sleep. But I'm thankful we thought to take it along with us because with no sleep and being completely worn out from all the activity, it was our lifesaver!

Towns and I sat together and practiced up on upper case and lower case letters all the way to Charlotte...

Our plane was a little late taking off, and being that we only had 40 minutes to make it from one end of the Charlotte airport to the other before our connecting flight took off, we were in panic mode. By the time we made it to gate E14, we were literally ushered onto the tarmac with the pilot staring at us through his front window because the plane was waiting solely for us. Talk about crazy! The flight was only about half full, so that meant that there weren't too many people on board that could be mad at us! :)

When we finally made it back to Huntsville, it was back to the norm the minute we stepped out of the airport to wait on our shuttle...

B's on the phone with her mom, Towns is kicked back watching the world go by, Cate's getting into something she probably shouldn't in search for gum, and J's got his office (aka his phone) straight to his ear as soon as the flight attendant told us it was safe to turn on electronic devices.
When we got to our house the 3 girls and I all cozied up in my bed and slept for hours.
It was good to be home, but we sure did have a blast! And I'm thankful for a fabulous husband who provides us with fun opportunities.
We made some great memories, and the girls are still talking about it.
I do believe this officially wraps up our Disney vacation!
Now back to regularly scheduled programming...

5 comments:

Ford Family said...

Now I am going to have to get me some Bobbi Brown sunscreen, that just sounds scruptious! : )

Tara said...

Oh girl, it's even better than that...it's lotion that SMELLS like sunscreen! It's to die for! It's called Beach. Go get it!!

Leigh Ann said...

Love your blog!! Your Disney trip looks like lots of fun! Can't wait to order some long sleeve tees!!

April said...

Oh that lotion... takes me back!! I figured out it reminds me of a combination of Coppertone sunscreen and pixi stix - wonderful childhood beach memories!! :) I have to get some. And you must be on bottle 3 or 4 by now because there's no way you're still on that same bottle, Wrink. Haaaaaa!!!! Kidding - had to do it. ;)

lindsay said...

Hey T- we're going in the spring to Disney World. Where did you guys stay? Did you like it? Any recommendations on hotels?