Thursday, July 15, 2010

Magic Kingdom...Day 2

Day 2 at Disney didn't bring early risers, that's for sure! I had to drag the crew out of bed and remind them what we were there for! :) All I had to do was mention riding the Monorail, and B was ready to rock and roll. She and I might have been the two who were most excited about going to Magic Kingdom. We both have such great memories of going as children, and even though we were much older this time around it didn't disappoint! It was like time had stood still and nothing had changed. All the rides were just as we remembered them. We were like kids at Christmas...arm in arm and running towards Dumbo! J wanted to pretend he didn't know us. I just hope the little ones can remember some of it so that one day down the road they'll be just as excited as B and I to go back.

The Monorail was always one of my favorite things about Disney. The girls loved it too...

When it delivered us to the front gates of Magic Kingdom it was like I was a child again. I was way more excited than I should have been!

With tickets in hand we were ready to get the show on the road...

We were greeted by this little lady...

Towns was very much into the characters and wanted her picture made with each of them right by herself to show us that she wasn't afraid.
Unlike her big sister, the only way Cate would get in on the action was if Bebby went with her...

Good thing Bebs is such a good sport!
As much as I love to take pictures, I would have given them all up just to be able to take this one...

When I sent my mom this picture right after I took it she asked me if I remembered being in that very spot exactly 25 years ago to the day. We went for my 5th birthday and were also there the day after the 4th of July. Pretty neat! I didn't realize that when we planned the trip, but it was special that our girls were in the same spot I was 25 years ago. I have the very picture of me as a kid sitting on that bench...and now I have the same one of our girls!

We practically had the whole park to ourselves and didn't have to wait in any lines the entire morning. I assume the people that stayed late for the fireworks show the night before weren't early birds like we were on the 5th. It worked to our advantage because we walked right onto every ride. We went straight for B's favorite...

Dumbo!

Next we went to mine...

It was just as I remembered it, and I think it even smelled the same as it did when I was little...ahhh, memories!
Next up were the teacups...

J did the honors - B & I don't handle the spinning very well!

We hit Mickey's Toontown Fair where we road The Barnstormer approximately 172 times...


Towns is in a huge independent stage where she wants to do everything (and I do mean everything) by herself. Riding her first roller coaster was no different, but you can tell by the look on her face she was a little uneasy at first...

That lasted all of 2 seconds and then it went more like this...

Bebby and Cate were a little more careful and weren't quick to throw their hands up like Towns...

B had a death grip on Buggy!
We rode it so many times (thanks to no lines what so ever) that Cate and Towns got Barnstormer Frequent Flier cards...

Along with Honorary Princess of the Day stickers...

Even though it's an oldie, we love Full House reruns at our house. When B reminded Towns and Cate that Michelle Tanner got to be the Honorary Princess of the Day on one of the episodes, their face lit up like crazy. They thought that was so cool, and truth be told, I think B was a little upset about not getting her own sticker! That's where I'll stop spilling the secrets, Bebs. I won't even start on It's A Small World!! Ha!

After the big roller coaster adventure, we hit Minnie's house...

This one is blurry, but Cate was killing me (excuse the diaper shot)...

She was sitting on Minnie's couch like she owned the place!
And here's the arm in the air thing again...

We checked out Minnie's kitchen...

And had a tea party at her table...

Mickey's house was next, followed by waiting in line a few short minutes at the Judge's Tent to meet a couple of celebrities...

I'll be honest. I was a little nervous before we were ushered into that private room where they were. I felt like I was meeting the President. However, I'd stand in line longer to see Mickey Mouse than I would Obama. Just saying.
Moving right along...

I wish I could tell you that one was taken with a wide angle lens, but not so much. It's the only one we have, so I'll take what I can get! :)

Lunch was our next stop, followed by the race cars. By that time, the crowds were heavier so we had some fun with the camera while we waited in line...




Next, Bethany and I waited in line for what seemed like hours to ride Space Mountain while J rode the Space Orbit ride with the younger girls. Then we headed to the other side of the park for this...

The Swiss Family Robinson Tree House...only my most favorite movie and book in the world!
I always thought it was fabulous that they got to live in a tree, and wondered why I didn't get so lucky.
Bebby and Cate climbing to the top...

We went to Aladdin's Magic Carpet ride after we got down from the tree house, and J took charge of the camera to get a picture of this fine fellow...

I think he secretly wishes he could dress like that at age 33 and get away with it!
The girls were overly cooperative while we had the camera out, which was pretty surprising...


Let it never be said that Cate isn't an observant little love...

She saw the belly dancers all around the ride and came up with her own version!
Thankfully our turn was next and she was easily distracted from her belly dancing...



We rode a few more rides and by that time we had just about reached our limit.
J parked the stroller in front of the castle so the girls could say their goodbyes one last time...

And then it was time for ice cream and popcorn on the curb of Main Street USA before heading out...

But not before all three sisters each picked out a Minnie Mouse to take home, and as you can see it was time to call it a day...

I think if B could have laid down in the Monorail like the younger two and gotten away with it, she would have. We ordered pizza when we got back to our hotel and crashed hard in hopes of resting up for Day 3 at Hollywood Studios.

Picture in front of Cinderella's Castle...check.
Meeting Mickey and Minnie...check.
Wearing our girls out beyond belief...check.
Making the best memories ever...double check!

And please don't feel the need to read these short novels - I know my memory, and if I don't blog about it while it's fresh on my mind it'll be like everything else I ever try to remember! :)

3 comments:

Tara Verdigets said...

Love these updates from each day! How fun! (also love the Obama comment!).

Stacey Schwartz said...

I'm am LOVING your Disney recaps. I too have the best memories of Disney vacations as a child (being only 4 hours away, we went alot), and still today, when I go, I feel like I kid again! Your posts make me SO excited to take little E when he's old enough for his first trip! I already get teary thinking about it!! Can't wait to hear about your 3rd day :-)

Jennifer Simpson said...

These recaps are awesome!! So glad yall made such precious memories! But wait...is that a paci in Cate's mouth...what happened?!