Friday, November 5, 2010

I Belong in the Zoo?!

Sometimes I wonder what I'm going to do with those two monkeys in that picture. I love them with all of my heart and soul, and 99.9% of the time it seems like the feeling is reciprocated. But last night Towns made me start to wonder. Here's how it went...

I put the girls in the bath before dinner with the intention of getting ahead of the game as far as the bedtime routine is concerned. After I bathed them, I went to grab towels so I could get them out. As I was about to walk back into the bathroom, this is what I heard:
Towns: Cate-Cate would you like to hop on my train so I can take you for a ride around the zoo?
Cate: Absolut-el-y (she can make that word have 5 syllables)
Towns: Ok, here we go! (She's sitting in front of Cate pretending to be the conductor.) If you'll look this way, you'll see the giraffes. Oh, and right over there are the lions and tigers.
**I open the door and walk back in and she gestures to me with her outstretched hand**
And ladies and gentlemen, over here we have the gorilla.

Really? Gorilla? Not a pink flamingo or something cool. A gorilla.
And with that, I'll wish you all a happy weekend...

3 comments:

Darby said...

Youre the best looking momma gorilla I've ever seen! :) Happy Weekend Friend!

Ford Family said...

Hilarious!!! They are right, kids say the darndest things! :) Aren't you glad that you blogged this and can remember it forever?!?! happy weekend to you!!

E @ Oh! Apostrophe said...

I love it :)