Monday, January 30, 2012

We've Arrived!

Where have we arrived, you might ask?  To the days of Little Miss Priss wanting to flaunt her own style.
Exhibit A:
Have you ever seen such in your life?  Once Cate saw them at Target, there was no turning back.  She begged.  She pleaded.  She told me she'd never ask for anything again.  She even pinky promised and bit her thumb.  That was Saturday morning.  Everywhere we've been since then that she's asked for something I've reminded her of her of her promise and she's said, "oh yeah, that's right...I do love those shoes."  She wore them Sunday with her stockings and smocked dress.  She's serious about those kicks!  They sort of remind me of a pair I used to have when I was her age so I can't say a thing about it.
Now on to Exhibit B:

This would be the outfit she meticulously chose to go with her bright blue tennis shoes.
I rest my case.
She used to be the one I could count on not to argue about what I lay out for her to wear in the mornings.  Those days are long gone.  And in the grand scheme of things, is it really worth it?  Contraire mon frere.
 One of the reasons Cate wanted those shoes was because she said they'd be good bike riding shoes.  She's all about her bicycle these days.  Rightfully so.  She's practiced so hard.  You know there's some dedication in the mix if she'll get out in the misting rain to ride...

If only you could have seen the spill she took that landed her face down in the mud.  You can sort of see the result of it in this one...

That's one dirty little love!  J and I always say she's the boy we never had...she's about as rough and tumbled as they come.  I asked her if she wanted to go change after she got that muddy.  She said no thanks because she'd probably be wrecking a few more times.  Towns has been really helpful in the process.  She's a great encourager and constantly tells her sister she's doing so good on those two wheels of hers.  Sweet thing...

Love this one...

He's such a good Daddy!  There's nothing I love more than seeing him with his girls.  They adore him.  And he might just be wrapped around a few fingers!

On a different note, last Tuesday was monumental for these two...

Bethany's last time to cheer and Towns' 100th day of school...although I suppose it was Bethany's 100th day of school too now that I think about it.  The difference in the two is that Towns wants the next 80 days of school to creep by whereas for Bethany they can't be over soon enough!  So hard to believe she's almost halfway done with high school.  I say it all the time...someone please hit the pause button!! 

1 comment: