Thursday, October 21, 2010

Feelin' Festive

We've been known to get excited about a festive holiday or two. Not that Halloween is a holiday, per say, but it's a great excuse to do things a little out of the ordinary.
Like wear lots of orange and black, put our hands on our hips, and do sassy poses...



And throw pumpkins like they're balls regardless of the parentals telling you that's probably not the best idea. Then you have to pick out the seeds one by one once they do bust wide open on the hardwood floor, save the seeds for a couple of weeks in a Ziploc bag, and take them for show and tell...

It gives me lots of opportunity to make festive outfits...

And then practically pull teeth to get the girls to cooperate when I try to take a picture...

It's the one time I'll actually let them wear witches on their dresses on Sunday morning. But at least they're smocked witches. Surely that makes it better...


And it also gives us good reason to dirty up the front porch while carving owls into pumpkins...





The funny thing about it all is that even though we're in full Fall mode, I almost feel like we're a little behind since we don't already have the Christmas music playing!

2 comments:

April said...

I swear those girls get prettier by the day. I love the smocked dresses. And just put a few of those pumpkins seeds in a bag for show-and-tell. Save the rest for roasting. Mmmm good! We devoured ours. And by we I mean me and B. :)

Jennifer Simpson said...

Could they BE any cuter?!?! Love and miss you!