Saturday, October 16, 2010

Play Date & a Parade

Last Friday afternoon after the Hoe Down Throw Down, excuse me - the Hoe Down in Vowel Town, the girls and I had a date with three handsome Auburn football players. Those mini athletes also happened to B's little brothers whom we've been saying we needed to get together with for months on end. The perfect opportunity finally presented itself so we capitalized on it. B was in the DHS homecoming parade, her mom and brothers weren't missing it for anything, and a park trip was a perfect way to get it the afternoon kicked off!
Let me give you a little glimpse of how it went down.
These two were joined at the hip...

Here Cate's sitting in the back of a "convertivle" and Reid's taking her for a spin...

Blondie couldn't do much flipping like she usually does because of her cowgirl attire. We managed to get one censored shot. But that's ok because she turned her attention more towards Mac and Grant anyway...

I think Mac won her over when he gave her a little push in the swing...

Then he asked her if she wanted to play a game of Spiderman. She told him she didn't know how, and he gladly offered to teach her...

Then they decided to hit the slide together...

Even when she was doing her own thing, she still had her eye on him...

I love this one. If you'll look closely, you'll see by her face that she's totally freaked out over a bug and Mac's taking care of the situation for her...

They all had the best time on the slide and I couldn't pick a favorite, so here you go...



April and I let them play for as long as we possibly could before we had to round 'em up. We couldn't forget the reason we were all together - sweet Bebby's debut in the homecoming parade! We made a pit stop at our casa for cupcakes and a few glorious minutes of air conditioning, followed by a Chinese fire drill of who was riding with who. I scored Mac and Reid who didn't care the least bit about riding in girly pink car seats covered in flowers and butterflies. I would have taken Grant if I would have had room for him, but Towns and Cate were happy to have him all to themselves I'm sure. Mrs. Stephanie invited us to watch the parade in front of Eloise and Henry. It was the hot spot! And she knows how to make children happy, let me tell you. Face painting, snacks, and candy. Done and done. My children love her like crazy!
Somewhere along the way, Emma joined the party in her fabulous red cowgirl boots. Happy kiddos waiting for the parade to start...

This is such a telling picture. Please note that Grant and Mac are watching for what's coming next in the parade. Cate and Reid are making sure the cop hasn't figured them out...

They were all mesmerized by the band...

Here comes the Freshman float...

And finally...what we'd been waiting for!
The Freshmen cheerleaders...

They're so fly.
Whatever that means.
They're cute and threw lots of candy - and that's all that matters!
Emma, Towns and Cate...

All of Beb's brothers and sisters lined up and content because they're packing major sweets in those bags they're holding...

We had to caravan to the high school to meet Bethany after the parade, and this big ol' field provided the last few minutes of fun before we had to call it a day...



B and a few of her cheerleader friends:
Lauren, Bailey, B and Madeline...

Who sported Smitten & Co. shirts in the parade...

I'm impressed they lined up like that without causing a major uproar. They're such sweet teenagers! :) I did some cropping because I knew they wouldn't be happy about a full backside shot.
If you think we got away without major wailing and gnashing of teeth, you're dead wrong. I would have kept those Norton boys in a heart beat. They're the sweetest, most well-mannered boys I've ever been around. The kids weren't exactly thrilled about having to depart from each other, which kind of broke my heart. If only...

1 comment:

April said...

Aww, so sweet! IF ONLY is right! In a perfect world...

I love all the pictures. I can't wait to have a chance to really go through mine. It was a perfect day! As usual thanks for your hospitality. We look forward to next time. BTW, I would take both of your prissy britches in a heartbeat too. ;)