Monday, December 31, 2007

Just Plain Fancy

This has absolutely nothing to do with my run at posting Christmas pics, but I had to add this because it was pretty funny....

The other night I asked Towns to get her pj's on and get ready for bed and the picture above is what she came up with. Anyone who knows my child knows that she's into wearing her fanciest get-up ALL the time. Sometimes we wear at least five or six different costumes in the course of a day (some of them my old tacky dance costumes which is hysterical), and most of the time I can't get her out of them when it's time to leave the house. So I've resigned to the fact that I'm gonna pick my battles and roll with it. Add a turtle neck and tights and it makes for wonderful Publix/Target/post office/bank/etc. attire. If I'm lucky (and I do mean lucky), I can get her in normal clothes with a tutu compromise....that translates into her wearing real clothes with simply a tutu over them. And this wouldn't be complete without telling you what she said today. It's been one of those cold days where it's almost painful to go outside so we've been playing in the dress-up trunk way more than usual. Towns is potty trained which means that going to the ladies' room isn't an easy task when you've got hundreds of layers of tulle from your waist down. So after probably the tenth time of taking all the hoopla off to use the restroom and putting it all back on she looks at me and says in the most dramatic voice ever "uuugggghhhh, I CAN'T keep doing this to myself"!

Here's the picture where she's all smiles because I let her get in bed in the clothes you saw in the previous picture. It's really funny to be honest, and it makes her feel so special to be so dressed up and pretty. So why on earth would I want to take that away from her?! The sun's going to come up tomorrow whether she's in conventional pj's or dressed as a fairy! :) This is why I L-O-V-E, LOVE having little girls!

3 comments:

Tara Verdigets said...

Hmmmmm.... you don't think she is just like her mother do you???

The Martin Family said...

Okay, that might just make me want a little girl one day! I love my sweet little boy, but I don't think his daddy would let me put him in a tutu! You're a good mama to let her sleep in her costume...I bet she had great dreams that night!

erika said...

TT-
love your blog! and your precious girls!!!
happy new year!!
XOXO
EZ