Saturday, September 6, 2008

Hurricane Party

I've known Bethany for six years now, and I learned early on to never doubted her creativity when it comes to finding things to do on the weekends. From day one she had us playing anything and everything under the sun, and even as she gets older she's still using that imagination of hers! So this morning on the way to Panera Bread for breakfast it was raining and she was asking us if it was going to be like that all weekend, and we said yes and to get used to it because of all those hurricanes lined up out in the ocean! I jokingly said we needed to have a hurricane party....and being the planner that she is, Bethany took it and ran with it!! When we got home the party planning began and in less than an hour we had party food in the oven, transformed the dining room into party central, changed into our fanciest attire, and even had a red carpet leading up to the front door where you had to hand over your custom designed ticket to get into the ever exclusive shindig. I think I see major celebrity party planning potential in her future....

The wall decoration B made for the party, complete with the projected path of Hurricane Ike...



Where the lunch party would take place...



The hostesses...
(B turned my skirt into a dress and added my belt and shoes, Towns was in my 1st ballet costume which is 25 years old!!)

Posing together...
The brains behind the party...


Towns showing off her fabulous outfit...

I'm posting this one very much against my own will, B is sitting beside me and forced me to do it....


J and Cate (C got fancy by adding a tutu to her outfit, J was a party pooper and wasn't as decked out as the rest of us)....




Bugaboo ended up crawling the red carpet...



And then, naturally, she was ready to party with invitation in hand!

This one is for the record books...tried to get a good pic of all three girls and this was what I got on the first try! YAY!!

Thanks Bet for entertaining us! We never know what's in store for us when you're here and WE LOVE IT!!!

3 comments:

Bethany said...

Thanks Tink for putting that picture on there! I guess I owe you that white Mercedes you were telling me about! HA! Maybe we can plan another one next time I am up here!! Just wait til Towns is my age, she will like to do the same thing! Oh and when I become that celeb party planner, you will be invited to all the hottest parties in Hollywood!

Darby said...

You are beautiful and I'm really jealous me and my 3 weren't invited... maybe next time? Which will probably be sooner than later will all these hurricanes!

Mary said...

Yep, it came from E & H.

I love the new blog design! Looks cute for fall.