Thursday, October 2, 2008

Party Girl

Cate's 1st birthday party was almost two weeks ago which makes me a major slacker for not blogging about it until now! In my defense, it's been about that long since I've sat down for more than a two minute stretch so at least I have a valid excuse. After the party my grandmother stayed with us for a week...she's a traveler so we had to snag her when she had an open week. She and the girls became fast friends and I think they're a little lost without her here! After her visit, we all went to Andalusia to stay with my brother (4) and sister (9) while my mom and step-father were in Washington DC. We came home yesterday and brought a lovely virus home with us. Not fun!! I'm really not quite sure how we made it home. It's a blur. I do remember getting off the exit in Prattville, turning a movie on for the girls, locking the doors, and putting my head on my steering wheel for a 10 minute power nap to get me through the rest of the trip. All's well on the homefront today, so hopefully the worst is behind us. This weekend I'm headed to Atlanta to a dance convention (should have known after my Greek Sing '02 obsession I'd end up teaching dance for a living!), and I've got my fingers crossed that after this trip I'm d-o-n-e traveling and can stay at home! The older I get, the more I find myself being a complete homebody. Anyhoo, still haven't found my camera so after these pictures of Cate's party I don't know when there'll be any new ones...SAD!! Anyone out there have a camera they'd like to donate to a worthy cause?! Being that I'd only had mine for a month or so I'm having a hard time giving in and buying another one. I keeping hanging on to the hope that mine will magically appear in one of the five thousand places I've looked over and over again. On to the party....

It was supposed to be at our house, but since it wasn't a huge shindig (just our family) I didn't mind changing it up at the last minute. We opted for the park since the weather was so nice and so that the kids would have a great place to play. The fun started Friday afternoon in the kitchen where I spent all afternoon baking.

This is the only way I got anything done that day:
{The girls licked the bowls while the make-up artist gave Cate a makeover}


The heat got the best of Cate's smash cake, but it didn't slow that chick down a single bit! She's never been shy about eating, so naturally she dug right in!








{After licking the icing off of 6 cupcakes, Towns polished off the rest of the icing on Cate's cake}

We tried our best to get a family shot, but this is the best we could do...this was after 5 tries! Cate was way too into her strawberries and what the other kids were doing on the playground to even attempt smiling for the camera...



She got some really sweet and fun gifts...


{My heart alway skips a beat when I see a peach and mint striped Madame Alexander box...lucky little Bug got two!}



After all the presents were opened, the kids let the birthday balloons go...
What a fun way to celebrate little Bugaboo!
Hope this next year doesn't go by nearly as fast as the first one!

3 comments:

the Jacksons said...

Glad the party went so well! and hopefully over the bug too ....I hope you are ALL better now, have fun at your convention!!

Ginny said...

TT, is was great fun seeing you and the girls this week. The party looks like it was so much fun. Love you.

Beth said...

Looks like y'all had a great time! Glad y'all feel better! We have had the "bug" too! No fun!! Happy Birthday Cate!