Sunday, September 20, 2009

Homework!

Towns is in the pre-k 4 class at our church and is absolutely loving life. She's always been the one to love to be a part of class and everything that comes along with it. She thrives on projects...can't imagine where she gets it from!
Last week I picked her up from school and her teacher handed me this:

Her 'homework' was to take it home and decorate it using anything she could could come up with. The goal was to make it look like her. Of course, the minute we got in the car that day she begged to go to Hobby Lobby to get fabric, buttons, ribbon, yarn, etc. so she could start on her homework immediately. You could tell her wheels were turning and she already had a plan. I have to let you in on a little secret. In no shape, form, or fashion do I want her to grow up but I can't tell you how long I've been waiting for a school project just like this! (And can I please tell you that when I saw the Scholastic order form for books in her backpack it nearly sent me over the edge! I love motherhood!!) We went Friday to find everything she needed, and made an afternoon out of it. I'm pretty sure you couldn't curb her enthusiasm if you tried! We waited until Friday night after Cate went to sleep to get started. If you know Cate, you know how it would have gone had we let her help!
She got everything organized and was ready to go...

We made a hot pink leotard out of fabric and she glued yellow yarn on for the hair. We made a pink hair bow and since it had to be just like her, we had to attach the bow to an alligator clip before we put it the yarn hair. Apparently, it just wouldn't be the same without it! She documented her progress with my camera...

And so did I!
Next came painting her fingernails and toenails florescent pink, naturally!

She painted her face and made jewelry out of pink, orange, yellow and purple buttons...

She requested that we monogram her leotard with a 'T' made of buttons, and I agreed that it would be just the right touch! :)
We finished her off with a hot pink and orange tutu, and here she is in all her prissified glory!

She had to sit in the front seat on the way to school this morning, but we decided that a seat belt wasn't necessary. Doubt an airbag would do her much harm!

I'll leave you with a few pictures from Bethany's game Thursday night...hope you love cheer pictures because it's a weekly thing with us!

Half time cheer...

I love this one! Looks like she's having so much fun...

4 comments:

Ford Family said...

Love the mini-Towns! So cute!! Bethany does look like she is having the time of her cheerleading life!! : )

E @ Oh! Apostrophe said...

You all are so adorable and I love how much you gush about motherhood! Makes me excited for mine someday ;)

Jody, Andrea, Banks, Mary Reese & Owen said...

LOVE the school project! Looks just like Towns...she did a fab job.

Unknown said...

I love Towns' creativity!!! So fun. What a great look alike!! You should take her everywhere so you can drive in the carpool lanes!!! lol

~Alison