Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Missing Sissy

Well, we got Bebs off to cheer camp before the sun came up Monday morning. I think she slept all of 4 hours Sunday night because she was too excited to close her eyes for much longer than that! This is the first time she's ever been away from both us and her mom (she's always been with one or the other), and I'll admit that dropping her off and leaving her wasn't the easiest thing I've ever done. We unloaded her luggage and I stood there with her for a few minutes, but seeing as how there wasn't much more for me to do I snapped a picture and decided to head home...

They're pretty darn cute for 5:30 a.m.! :)
We hugged, said our goodbyes and I got a full 5 feet away from her before I instinctively stopped. When I turned around she was coming back towards me for another big ol' hug and she said "I've just never been away from y'all for this long"! I insisted that she would be totally fine, and after the phone call last night from her telling me that she never wanted to come home...well, I think she just might survive after all! Ha!
Should I admit that I secretly sat in the parking lot for 30 minutes waiting for their buses to pull out? And then I followed them to the point where they had to turn one way and I had to turn the other...

Sentimental?
Maybe.
Missing her like crazy?
Absolutely, positively!!
But she's having the time of her life, is loving Auburn, did fantastic in their home pom routine last night (or so I've heard from numerous reports), and you can't ask for more than that!

Meanwhile, I've had to keep my two other little munchkins occupied to keep their minds off of Bebby being gone. That's the first thing they noticed when they woke up to her being gone yesterday morning. After breakfast, I let them dress themselves to play outside and this was Cate's get-up...

Pettiskirt, shades, and a baby doll...driving a Gator!

Late yesterday afternoon Towns begged to take their babies to stroll around the park by the river. It was beautiful weather and there was a breeze blowing, so I told them to get their babies and strollers together...

I was thinking more like one baby and a little stroller for each of them, but this is what they came out with. Double the fun!
I'd think something was wrong with them if they didn't cut up in some shape, form or fashion...


When we got to the park we watched the boats go by for a while...

Every Monday there's a concert in the park and yesterday happened to be a jazz/swing band. They brought out their silliest dance moves and put on a show...

Buggy's about to get low...

Do I see the early signs of a tripod? Hmmm...
They cut a rug to some Patsy Cline until we spotted this little thing...

Not sure if it was hurt or if it just lost its mama, but the girls were so incredibly worried about what it was going to eat for dinner and where it was going to sleep...

All the while, the mama bird was about to take their heads off but I tried not to clue them in on that. I diverted their attention to the playground and a few trains that were going by, and there we stayed for a full 3 hours! We had dinner at the park, got home way past their bedtimes, hosed them down in the bath tub, and they were asleep by 10 o'clock. We're going to be in major trouble when school starts again, but that's what summer's all about, right?!

Oh, and did I mentioned we're flying out at 6 a.m. Sunday morning to see these guys...

Disney World won't know what hit 'em!

2 comments:

Jody, Andrea, Banks, Mary Reese & Owen said...

So jealous about Disney! We are DYING to go back. Y'all will have the times of your lives. Tell Mickey and Minnie we said HI

April said...

Just talked to B and it's official: She had fun while it lasted but the newness has worn off. She's had enough cheer for one week, and my baby's ready to come home! :)

I'm so excited for y'all about Disney World! I don't think Wownsy and Cate Bug have any clue what they're in for (even if the plane isn't pink). Ha!