Monday, March 14, 2011

Andalusia-isms

I love being from the south. We're usually the butt of jokes because of the way we talk. But I'm fine with it because I enjoy speaking a language only Southerners would understand. Jonathan is a Southerner himself, but I'm from the deep south where we use slang words even he's never heard before. As long as I've known him he's laughed at me because I call a toboggan a soogen. And every Thursday we make sure the hobo is in the alley ready to be emptied by the garbage man. You laughing? My dear husband has always made fun of me about that one, too. But now I have proof that it's not just something I heard growing up that stuck with me. When I dropped the girls off with my mom Thursday afternoon so I could enjoy a long weekend at the beach with some of my favorite girls, this caught my eye... Need I say more? I love it!

2 comments:

lindsay said...

LOL! That's awesome! I totally still catch myself calling it the Hobo. I swear that was probably part of our vocabulary words as kids...

and Chris still looks at me wierd when we go to the grocery store and I tell Cohen he has to ride in the "buggy".

April said...

I remember the first time Bethany told me about you calling a toboggan a soogen. She came home asking if I knew what one was. I said a what? A soo... a what? I still chuckle when I hear that word. :) Hobo is another new one for me.