Wednesday, July 21, 2010

30

There are a lot of different ways you can look at turning 30.
The first few I thought of weren't very pretty.
But then I realized that I'm healthy, I'm happy, I'm so incredibly thankful for my life, and you really can't get much better than that!
And the fact that I got to spend the day with this bunch made it that much sweeter...









Looking forward to 30 more years of lots of fun and laughs.
And as usual, with our crew close by there will be no shortage of good times...


That afternoon someone got a piercing...
Rest easy, it wasn't the 30 year old having a mid-life crisis!
My baby got her ears pierced!!
She's begged and begged and begged and begged (I could go on) for months for us to let her do it.
And maybe it was me being in a ridiculously good mood that day or either Bebby doing the relentless begging on Towns' behalf - either way, I gave in!
When Towns heard the news she literally was so excited she had tears in her eyes. That made me know she was ready. It was me who hasn't been all this time. I just couldn't stand the thought of it. But they wore me down and I couldn't say no any longer!
Bethany, Towns and I hit Parkway Place in Huntsville while J stayed home to let Cate get her beauty rest. Of course I had to document the momentous occasion minute by minute...

Towns and her litigator on the way into the mall...

Riding the escalator up to Claire's...

Love this one, just wish it was in focus...

When she sticks her tongue out like that, you know she's excited about something...

Here she's closely watching every move the Claire's lady is making during preparation...

This is when B had to assume her position outside because she just couldn't watch...

All that big talking she did to get us there in the first place - and then she bails on us! Ha!
Here we go!


No turning back now - one ear down, one to go...

She didn't shed a tear - didn't even flinch - after they did her first ear (that's what I was worried about)!
All done and time to celebrate with Bebby...

The finished product...

Being a southern girl, I would have much preferred pearls but we chose the most classy option they had. Diamonds! Or CZ actually, but that's just a minor detail to a 5 year old! :)
She's had her earrings in for almost 2 weeks now and has yet to let that smile fade. Seeing her this happy makes it all worth it!

After all the excitement and Cate's nap, we ended the big day at the Japanese restaurant.
And Cate caught up with her friend Ella the whole way there...

Should I be worried that it's starting this early? My friend Lila called and said "can Cate PLEASE talk to Ella before she has a meltdown?" to which I replied "most certainly" and gave my 2 year old an iPhone so she could chat with her best friend without thinking twice about it. What's wrong with that picture?!


8 comments:

Ford Family said...

Happy 30th!!! : )

Nancy Williams said...

Happy 30th Birthday Tara from all the Williams in Andalusia!! Lil'Gin will join you in September!Kathryn was about Towns age when she got her ears pierced. Jeff Grimes and her daddy took her to Claire's while Ginny, Ashley and I were in Dillard's with the rest of the Grimes crew! I didn't even know until until Hayley came running in and told us! You and Johnathan have a incredibale bunch of girls and you know I love me some girls...I love reading your blog everyday and I do mean everyday! I am a self-confessed blog stalker!

Nancy Williams said...

Happy 30th Birthday Tara from all the Williams in Andalusia!! Lil'Gin will join you in September!Kathryn was about Towns age when she got her ears pierced. Jeff Grimes and her daddy took her to Claire's while Ginny, Ashley and I were in Dillard's with the rest of the Grimes crew! I didn't even know until until Hayley came running in and told us! You and Johnathan have a incredibale bunch of girls and you know I love me some girls...I love reading your blog everyday and I do mean everyday! I am a self-confessed blog stalker!

Diana said...

Happy, happy birthday TT!! How could you possibly be a day over 21? Guess that means WE are really old. It makes me so happy to see your beautiful family and know that all is well with you and yours. Know that someone in Albertville wishes you all the best today and every day. Much love, Miss Diana

April said...

Ok, a few things:

-Happy 30th! Welcome to the club. I love my 30's-seriously!!!

-B was keeping me informed on the whole piercing thing, how she and Wownsy talked you into it, how she has been trying to prepare Wownsy for it, etc. Then calls me while she's getting it done in a panic, "MOM, Towns is getting her ears pierced right this second and I CANNOT watch." Priceless! ;)

-The sparklers in Wownsy's ears look so pretty and dainty, and she seems quite proud of them. As well she should be - she's one tough cookie. Here's hoping she doesn't take after her Bebby and that this time will do the trick! :)

-I look forward to reading your blog for so many reasons: One being that I know something about Juvy is going to crack me up in every post. HA! :)

Elizabeth Sloan said...

Happy 30th, tt! I love you! Glad you had a fun-filled day of celebrating with your fam!

Elizabeth Sloan said...

Happy 30th, tt! I love you! Glad you had a fun-filled day of celebrating with your fam!

Jennifer Simpson said...

TT! What a fun birthday celebration! welcome to the thirties! And between the iphone and the earrings, it looks like the girls are right behind you! Love you!!