Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A Pool & a Puppy

Yesterday it was finally hot enough to make the much anticipated annual purchase of the big plastic pool with a slide. We're simple folk. And easily entertained! I had it waiting on the girls when they got out of school, as promised. That's one promise I knew I better make good on or else I'd never hear the end of it. I fixed them lunch and they ate poolside before the ants carried it all away...
As the afternoon progressed, Cate shed her bathing suit (she said it made her too cold), would stand on top of the slide while telling me to close my eyes, and then use insanely crazy methods of getting down the slide...all the while knowing she'd get in trouble if my eyes were open and I saw her tricks. It took one round of that for me to figure her out, much to her dismay.

While the girls were swimming their little hearts out, J was on his way to pick up our newest family member from the Memphis airport. His name is Le Grande Cru, but Buggy affectionately calls him her baby...
Bethany had Cru all to herself while I took the girls to cheer practice late afternoon and professed that he definitely likes her best after their bonding session. Towns acts like the puppy is a three-headed monster and totally freaks when he so much as brushes up against her leg. She loves him from a distance...she took a framed picture of him to show her class today. And Cate has thoroughly enjoyed everyone being at school this morning so that she can play mommy to him...
Hopefully he won't be scarred for life from being wrapped up in a blanket and bottle fed!
We took him for a walk a little while ago, and I have to admit it is pretty cute seeing the two of them playing together. She'd run and he'd chase her...
The second he'd lay down and rest, she was right there asking a hundred times when he'd get up and play again...
It's been a good lesson in patience for her! He found a little bush to play under, probably more so to escape from you know who...
Buggy sat right there without moving or dare taking her eyes off of him...
On our walk home Cru was walking beside me which sort of upset Cate. She didn't hesitate to tell him, "she's not you mama, I'm you mama." I'm thinking this poochie needs to stay here longer than any of the other labs we've had. J trains them for field trials and sells them, so we've never kept a dog for too long. If the girls are attached this quick, Cru might just be here to stay!

On a different note, Towns has class pictures today. I had to take a picture of her before she went into school. Why? Because I know without a shadow of a doubt this is the only school picture I will ever have with her dressed like this...
I had to savor the moment...ha!
Surprisingly she didn't fight it. So I tried pushing my luck with a bow instead of a ribbon. Still no fight. I had to feel her forehead just to make sure she wasn't sick. The days of me getting to dress her like this are few and far between. I suppose there's a reason smocked clothing doesn't come in a size 14...

1 comment:

Ford Family said...

If they came in a 14 and my child would allow it, she, well...BOTH of them would wear it until then!;)