Friday, October 14, 2011

Fall Frenzy Prep Work

It's a beautiful day for a fall festival...and that's just what we've got on the agenda for this afternoon.  Towns has been looking forward to the magnet school's big shindig, and it's finally here.  She's heard all the hype from the kids in her class who have been before, so she absolutely could not wait for today.  She put on her most sparkly Halloween shirt and a hot pink pettiskirt that's larger than life and off she went skipping into school.  I was put in charge of picking up 300 goldfish for our class booth, the ping pong toss.  I just got a call that all 300 fish I was supposed to pick up in a little while are dead.  Now to find replacement goldfish (individually bagged, I might add - most places aren't so willing to do that for you) so there won't be 300 crying kids come this afternoon...ahhhh, the joys of motherhood!  It's likely to end up being a good story, so I'm gearing up for an adventure.  Somehow we'll have those fish.  I hope...

Towns is pretty excited about the ping pong toss and wanted to get a little practice round in before the big day.  Here you have the ping pong toss...McClendon style!  First, you need to pretend to wait patiently in line since word on the street is that the line for this game is the longest...
Check.  Now onto to practicing her tossing skills...
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again...
Score!
Since this was all her idea, I didn't have the heart to tell her that tossing a ping pong ball into a goldfish bowl isn't quite the same.  But something tells me we'll be coming home with a goldfish anyway.  That is, if I can hunt a few hundred down before this afternoon!

1 comment:

Jennie-Marie said...

I heard about the gold fish, sad. I hope yall have found more. I would say play a trick on Ginny with one of the ones that did not make it but that really would send her into labor. Hope everything goes great this afternoon, have fun!