Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Sweetness

Last night Bethany, Towns and I made a trip to Target while J put Cate to bed.  Towns has been saving her money for something special, but lately it's been burning a hole in her pocket.  She wanted to browse the clothes section.  The girl loves some sparkle, and you're guaranteed to find it there.  We had the best time looking around.  Well, I assume she did, but I know I did.  She's the funniest kid without trying to be.  After spending a few minutes in the big girl section she said, "I'm so not feeling these clothes tonight."  She talks like that a lot which is hilarious coming from a six year old.  Especially when you're not expecting it because she's usually the quiet, reserved one of the bunch.  She suggested that we go look at the clothes in Cate's size.  One thing I love about Towns is her heart.  She truly loves doing nice things for someone else.  She spotted a shirt she thought Buggy just had to have and wanted to spend her money on it.  She reminds me so much of Bethany.  That's the way B has always been.  She's always picking up little goodies for her sisters.  It doesn't have to be anything big at all. It's the thought behind it that's so special.
 When we got home, she meticulously wrapped it up just so and wrote Cate a note to go with it...
I ended up telling Towns that I'd buy the shirt so she could save her money.  It might not have been what I would have chosen, but there was no way I was telling her to pick out something different.  After all, such sweetness trumps my distaste of plastering characters all over clothing.  And she was right, Cate loved it and couldn't wait to wear it to school today...

She might look like a Disney jailbird, but that smile is totally worth it...

2 comments:

pylant clan said...

Love it!!!! I hope you wrote her a responsibility reward forthat one. The peace sign and heart after the signature are all too familiar

Sally said...

Precious sisters :)