Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Future Dentists

This morning my sidekicks and I headed to Huntsville bright and early. We had lots on the agenda, namely Cate's first visit to the dentist! But first we hit the Huntsville Target in hopes of finding the pink and green frog lunch box that she wants so badly she can hardly stand it. It looks like a purse and is hands down the cutest thing in the world. There were plenty of them to be found until tax free weekend came and went. I could kick myself for not buying it when I had the chance! We had no such luck and she was almost in tears, so a trip to Chick Fil A to play seemed like the only logical solution. They had fun playing mom to a little girl in the playground while I listened to two tattoo covered young men solve the worlds problems. I need to mark this day in history because when I told the girls it was time to go because we had to be at the dentist, they got their shoes on faster than they've ever done anything in their lives. They were beyond excited! Towns went last month, so Cate knew just what to expect.
They were chomping at the bit to get inside and didn't want me slowing them down to take a picture before we went in...

What I love about their office is the massive indoor playground...

So much fun!
The girl who cleaned Cate's teeth was absolutely adorable. Cate thought they were twins...

She did SO GOOD!! She stayed still and did everything they asked her to do. I was a little nervous about that part, but Buggy was amazing! I was so proud of her and how sweet she was.
Towns didn't leave her side the entire time...

No force of nature could have gotten her to move! :)

When the dentist came to check out her teeth, she immediately gave him a warm welcome...

And she opened right up to let him look at her "little princess teeth" or so he called them...

She loved that part!
Cate and Towns both got to pick out a treat before it was time to leave, and on the way out Cate requested a picture with her dear old Mom...

I knew that some way, some how I would have a child who loves pictures as much as I do. It's Buggy! She's always up for it, even if the rest of the family isn't.
She got a perfect report on her snags...everything looks great and no cavities!
It's a miracle because after a breakfast like this...

I was a little worried!
Pink pancakes, powered sugar, syrup and strawberries...can you say YUM?! If that doesn't give us cavities, nothing will. Ha!
As we were walking out Towns proclaimed that she's going to be a dentist when she grows up. Obviously that trip made a big impression!

On a different note...

Run to your nearest Target and buy these because they're just as good as they are cute.
Even B loves them...in pink, of course!
Well, I've just been informed that I'm late for my own dentist appointment.
A 5 year old blondie is in charge and has a cute little red head for an assistant.
This should be interesting!

2 comments:

April said...

Ok, I think the thing that stands out the most in this whole post, even beyond how great Cate Bug did at the dentist (because that's a big deal), is that she asked for a picture. Really? That's too cute!! Most of the time I have to MAKE the boys get in a picture, and you know how B is. :)

And I'll be headed to your home away from home this week for those milk straws. I bet the boys will love them.

Unknown said...

Wow! I'm so impressed with your kids. I can see that Cate is not afraid of the dentist. My son, Dave, cried when we went to the dentist's office yesterday. My wife is very worried then. When the dentist told him that he'll receive treats after the dental check-up, it was only the time that he allowed his teeth to be checked and cleaned.

I'm also impressed with our family (Columbia) dentist because of the quality services that he gave us through the years. He's one of the best Columbia dentists I've ever known. Thanks for sharing your kids' experiences, Tara!