Monday, February 6, 2012

All That Glitters

Is gold...isn't that how it goes?  Either way, Bethany was totally rocking it Saturday night at the JUG winter formal!  She'd had her eye on a sparkly gold number for months.  I know this because she sent her mom and me an email with a link to the dress and casually mentioned how cute it would be for formal.  Hint, hint.  Little did she know, Grandmommy and Pop had it wrapped up underneath their Christmas tree for her.  Talk about a fun surprise!  She's one to look at a piece of clothing and instantly plan an outfit from head to toe.  That's what she did with these really cool heels and necklace that tied it all together...
  
 And an up close because I think she's pretty...
 
Saturday was a soaker, so sadly there were no pictures taken outside.  We had to settle for the corner of the dining room once her date William arrived...
 
Beautiful!!
They had dinner at her friend Madison's house, and then we all convened for lead out.  All that preparation and it's over just like that...
But it was totally worth it!  She told me the next morning that the band party was a snooze fest because it was nothing but Michael Jackson cover songs.  I couldn't tell her that my friends and I would have been all over that.  And thus, you can tell my age.  There was some talk a few weeks ago of her wanting to be social chair.  Now she's moved on because she doesn't want the responsibility, but I couldn't end that conversation without telling her I once lived with the best social chair on the face of the earth.  Fun times, right roommate?

While we were doing it up right for formal, all my sweet friends were showering Tara and Baby Carter with lots of love and girly gifts in Atlanta.  I know it was fabulous, but I sure did miss seeing everyone!

It's always fun to have a packed weekend, but now it's back to the daily grind and all that comes with it.  Like spelling words.  Spelling words might be the death of me yet.  Sometimes Towns is all about schoolwork and sometimes she's not.  Friday afternoon she wasn't, so I had to spice it up a little...
She says I'd win the award for craziest mom. I won't disagree.  Can't remember who said this, but I like it...
"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
Amen!
Here's to an absolutely ridiculous Monday...

4 comments:

Tara Verdigets said...

Oh my Lord, Bethany looks beautiful! I bet J is about to have a heart attack about her hotness ;) We sure did miss you this weekend, but you couldn't have missed this for the world!

Ford Family said...

Pinch me again..Bethany looks beautiful! :) Can you come spice our 3rd grade homework around here?? Every single day is a nightmare around here!

Anna Kate said...

Tell Bethany I love her dress, it would have spoken to me too if I were 15 years younger :). I think she needs to call me and let's reevaluate this social chair situation! Sounds like if she isn't into MJ then she's just the person to change it! Oh and on the subject, vld is the newest social advisor for chi I at bham southern! How fun does that sound?! I heard they have a rush spot open and are fine with commuters...

Tara said...

You wouldn't have to ask me twice, AK...I always say if rush was a degree I'd have gotten my masters. Obsessed much?! Nooooo....

And I'm thinking Uncle Bill wouldn't mind being Great Uncle Bill, right?! Time for the next generation to roll on through!! Although I'm fairly certain no one could fill our shoes.