Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Ban on Ruffles

My children have formed an alliance, and I've been outnumbered.  They're a united front.  I knew the day would come. For several weeks Cate has moaned and groaned, "ruffles again?" every time she sees what I have laid out for her to wear in the mornings.  She's gone along with it, but definitely hasn't been too thrilled.  I tell her she'll never be too old for ruffles as several things I've worn lately have been ruffly (if that's even a word).  Sunday afternoon we were on our way home from our friend Mallary's birthday party when Towns announced that she'd made an important decision.  I was thinking she was going to say she knew what she wanted to be when she grew up or something profound like that.  Instead she proceeded with, "I've decided that when I'm a mom I will never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever make my kid wear ruffles."  We'll just see about that.  I'll remind her of that very conversation one day when her children are giving her down the road about the way she makes them dress.  

Give in on ruffles and bows and ribbons, and that's when you'll roll through the carpool line to pick up your daughter only to find her looking like this...
 
I asked her if her hair had been like that all day, and she said yes.  The beauty of it is that she couldn't care less!  I love that little blondie like crazy.  Messy hair and all.

In stark contrast, we can't leave the house without our baby dolls wearing bows bigger than their heads...
And they think their children will live a bow and ruffle free existence.
I hate to say I told you so, but...

No comments: