Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Cate's 1st Day of School

My little shadow started school today, and I don't exactly know what to do with myself. She was full of excitement...which translates into being up too early and dressed way before it was time to leave. She was so wound up that she couldn't sit still enough to eat her breakfast! We watched the minutes creep by on the clock, and finally, it was time! She made sure she had a couple of friends for moral support on the way to the church...

Big sister held her hand and showed her how to cross the street carefully...

Should I tell you that I was so busy taking pictures that a friend of mine walking in at the same time had to save them from getting run over by a big ol' Suburban? Hmmm...
A quick picture before Towns went into her class...

The first day of school wouldn't be complete without this one...

When we got to her classroom she was oh so excited to see Brock and Ella...

Those three are something else!
Since she's been my most favorite hip accessory for so long, I halfway expected at least a hug before I left her. Nope! She found a book and that was all she wrote...

She did manage to look up and give me a great big smile and a wave. I suppose that was her way of telling me she was perfectly fine and ready to get her day started. I love that little thing. She's got to be the funniest, sweetest, most mischievous girl I know! When I picked her up and asked her how her day went she said that it was good and asked if this meant she was five now (since Towns is five and in big school). Just like her sister, I think she's going to have the mindset that being five is the key to everything this great big world has to offer!

Happy Labor Day Weekend!
We're beach bound!!

1 comment:

April said...

The Suburban thing cracked me up. And I have a feeling you won't have a bit of trouble figuring out what to do while Juvy's at school. ;)