Sunday, September 19, 2010

Weekend of Perfection

It's early Sunday afternoon and I'm already hoping this weekend doesn't end. It's been the most laid back, anything-goes weekend we've had in a while. Towns kicked the "anything goes" part of it off at Publix Friday afternoon. It was meltdown central in the check out line. I truly appreciate the marketing geniuses who place the candy, inflated helium balloons, stickers, drinks, etc. right where children can see it (read: see it, want it, throw a fit for it even if it means lying on the disgusting floor of the grocery store screaming while watching to see who's paying attention). Long story short, I took the girls outside to get their minds off of it while J paid for our groceries. Within a few seconds, Towns was serenading the passers by with her rendition of "You're A Grand Old Flag"...

I couldn't not get a picture of that! Of course, when she opened her eyes and saw what I was doing she toned it down a little. We made homemade pizzas for dinner, and then B spent some quality time with her shadow before our crazy night really began...

At precisely 10 p.m. B and I parked it on the porch waiting for a "hell night" chauffeur to arrive for her JUG initiation. She was instructed to wear a bathing suit under all black clothing and to be blindfolded. Let me tell you, she was a nervous wreck and I had to keep her calm while trying to hide the fact that I was ten times more nervous for her! Not an easy task!! We sat on the swing until midnight and no one showed up. She thought they'd forgotten her and I assured her that couldn't happen. But we agreed we weren't staying outside any longer than that, and truth be told, I wasn't letting her go anywhere that late anyway. My mother used to say "there's nothing good going on past midnight that you need to be a part of" and I heard myself repeating those words. Turns out it there were communication issues on who was supposed to pick B up, so the girl got off the hook! No mayo and sardines for her...ha! The JUG girls felt horrible about it and were at our doorstep Saturday morning with goodies and major apologies. If nothing else, it was two solid hours of quality time. We talked about it all. If you know B, you know she talks non-stop when she's nervous! Love it! She sure was cute waiting so patiently like a good pledge...

Saturday morning we got busy in the kitchen making waffles. Until that day, I'd hidden from the girls the fact that chocolate chips are especially yummy in homemade waffles. I couldn't hide it any longer. The chocolate feigns loved them! It was too beautiful not to be outside all day, so naturally a trip to Bridge Street was on the agenda. When B walked into my room as I was getting ready, I almost fell out. This is why...

She put that outfit together herself, and looked just beautiful. Not that she's challenged in the fashion arena or anything, but goodness! She had it going on!
One day when she's walking the runway, these two will be name dropping...

B shopped around and missed the mini farmer's market Towns, Cate and I stumbled upon. These orange pretties are what got our attention...

That made for a good photo op...

I don't think I've seen Towns quite so excited about anything in her life. A change of seasons sends her over the edge!

We bought fresh peas and peaches, too. Couldn't pass 'em up!
As soon as we got home, blondie couldn't wait to paint hers...

Have I mentioned that I let the girls take their strollers with us?
Not sure what I was thinking when I agreed to that, but they sure did love it...

Towns isn't picky about her baby, but Cate won't have anything to do with putting clothes on a baby doll. She strips them down!
Bebs had promised the girls a makeover which they reminded her of as soon as we got home...


Cate skipped out on the make up and preferred teaching school instead. I was the star student...

The teacher wanted to be in charge and take a picture. This is how it went...

Not quite a framer, but nice try!
By this point, you've surely gotten the idea that Bethany is the best big sister ever. She never disappoints. And when she said "who wants to put cheerleader uniforms on and go practice stunts?" they were all over it!
Buggy can't seem to get over the paci even though we've gotten rid of it once before. Habits are hard enough to break, especially the second time around. I've got to hand it to her, at least she can color coordinate them with her outfits...

Sweet one of the three of them...

Now down to business...

Excuse the panty shot, but Cate wasn't getting away without her turn...

B nearly got her head taken off!
More stunting for Towns...

B's pretty serious about teaching Towns tumbling and stunting. Truth be told, that's where Towns got her love for it. B works with her a lot in the afternoons to help her get better. She tried to teach her how to do a twisty move when going up in an extension (something I've only seen the Auburn cheerleaders do) and this is what happened when Towns didn't get it the first time she tried it...

Tears, tears, and more tears. Followed by a pep talk!
B's theory is to always end on a good note, so they practiced more of what Towns is better at so she wouldn't get discouraged. And one more just for fun...

Do you know how much I love them?!?!

We rounded out our Saturday in the kitchen getting ourselves even deeper into fall mode.
Pumpkin shaped cakes!

They worked so hard, I couldn't let them go unrewarded...

The finished product they iced and decorated themselves...

Nothing like cake, icing and chocolate chips before bed time!
Such fabulous weekends obviously make my good judgment go out the window...

3 comments:

Tara Verdigets said...

This does look like a fun weekend! I love anything that has to do with pumpkins, and the cheerleader outfits aren't too shabby either! Now, if we could just get the temp to drop 15 degrees, it would be extra perfect!

Jennifer Simpson said...

What a fun weekend! Can I move in!?!?!

April said...

A few things:

Don't you love tantrums in public. Those are the BEST!

Thank you Jesus for girls in JUG who don't quite have their act together and thus forget my child. I was a nervous wreck about that whole deal. That was an answer to a prayer - seriously!

If I do say so myself my baby girl looked stunning on her way to Bridge Street.

Sweet, sweet pictures of those 3. Couldn't believe my eyes when that was the t-shirt B decided on but those colors suit her well! Maybe there's hope for her yet. :)

And lastly, WILL YOU PLEASE STOP POSTING ABOUT YUMMY SWEET TREATS!!! They make me hungry. ;)