Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Babies, Pilgrims and Christmas Angels

But not exactly in that order or even remotely associated with each other...

Let's start with the Pilgrims. The kindergartners had a Thanksgiving play which was definitely worthy its own post that's soon to come, and on the Friday before they got out for the holidays the Pilgrims and Indians made their debut for another little show. But first, a Thanksgiving feast was in order...
It was heart warming to see the Pilgrims and Indians all dining around the same table!
After they feasted and played a round of educational games, they got lined up for their performance...
It was as precious as always!
If Towns is the pilgrim, guess what Cate is...
And a wild one at that!

A couple of weekends ago I hit the road to celebrate the upcoming arrival of Little Miss Sara Frances Parrish, the bundle of sweetness my friend Oakes will welcome next month. The theme was very fitting. You can't imagine what it was...
Jenn did a fine job in the cake department...
However it would have been a whole lot sweeter had she been with us and not under the weather. We missed you, JennSimp!
Let me just state the obvious - Anna Kate's baby shower hosting skills are impressive...
Is that door hanger for Sara Frances not the most precious thing ever? Jess' handy work!
(I just hung our Christmas door hanger and definitely have to show you how cute it is.)
A certain little elf left adorable owl ornaments for us all to take home...
Complete with the cutest poem...thanks Diana! You know we love you!!
Oakes isn't the only one with a bambino on the way...
Ginny and Ashley are both expecting!
Blazer and Tara and their baby bottles...
Wish you could have seen our attempt (or 83 attempts) at a group shot with our self timing cameras. This one is the best one I came home with, and it was a work out trying to get it...
But I wouldn't trade it for anything! And will you please notice that even at a baby shower we've got football on in the background? Only in the south!
I have to admit that I'm a little spoiled from seeing most of those girls two weekends in a row. We'll all convene at the beach in March and I cannot wait! Being with those girls just feels comfortable. Like Tara said, it's the only baby shower she's ever been to where she doesn't have to shut the door to the bathroom! :)

Now onto Christmas Angels...
Last Sunday morning we picked two off of the Angel Tree at church. This is one of my favorite parts of the Christmas season. 'Tis better to give than to receive, and we can't start teaching the girls that early enough. So I slightly influenced their Christmas Angel choices and got them each to pick little girls their own age. It really gets me that those two little angels need clothes and tennis shoes for Christmas. We hit Target immediately after church to pick a some things out for them. Towns and Cate really couldn't understand why their angels only wanted clothes for Christmas. I tried to explain it the best I knew how, but they both meant that we were buying them coloring books, crayons, jewelry and dolls as well. I loved how enthusiastic they were about it. It did my heart good!

No comments: